Thursday, July 11, 2013

Meet the Mods, Part 4

Hello everyone! Welcome to Meet the Mods, where we introduce the wonderful people who support SR by managing Argyle Empire Twitter accounts from all over the world.  We're up to the fourth installment of this series, which just shows how many SR fans are eager to spread the word about his books.

Say hello to Elena, moderator of SRFansItaly; Yana, moderator of SRFansRussia; and Gazal, our moderator for SRFansIran.




"Seaside Sonnet" by Vladimir Volegov, one of Elena's favorite painters
My name is Elena and I'm Italian. I studied Foreign Languages and Literatures at the University, especially English, German and Modern Greek. I love literature and I often find myself spending countless hours in bookstores and libraries. I have a soft spot for poetry, ballet, art and theatre.

I stumbled upon Gabriel's Inferno completely by chance, and to say that I fell head over heels in love with the story would be an understatement. I've said it before in my reviews of the series -- words don't do justice to these books. To me these novels are unique, not only because of the beautiful love story between Professor Gabriel and Julianne, but also because of the themes of forgiveness and redemption. I read Gabriel's Inferno when I was going through a very difficult period in my life, and this story gave me hope and strength.

I have a lot to be grateful for to Sylvain Reynard -- for giving me a story that touched me in ways I'd never have thought possible, and that made me find strength again in a period of my life where I thought I had none; and for introducing me to beautiful pieces of art and literature and for the beautiful friendships I've formed thanks to his writing. My love for Gabriel's Inferno brought me to meet amazing people that are now among my dearest friends.

I run the SRFansItaly site, alongside my friends Marinella and Giorgia.
We are very happy that Gabriel's Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture have been translated into Italian and we're overjoyed that Italian readers are loving the story as much as we do.
I remember that the first thing I asked SR once I'd finished the book was if it was going to be translated into Italian. I wanted my Italian friends to read this beautiful and emotional love story, to experience the beauty of SR's writing and to fall in love with The Professor.  Now my dream has come true.

Thank you to the Ladies of Argyle Empire for giving me the opportunity to write this post, and I can't wait to share my passion for these books with you all.

Baci,
Elena
Twitter: @Twiarcady90

Yana and her cat Asya

Hello:) It's about me:  Poleschuk Johanna (Yana), moderator of the Twitter family of Russian SR fans (or rather Russian, Belarusian and Ukrainian, perfoming function with Aigul Galimova, the mother of community fans on the social networkvk.com).


I live in Minsk (Belarus) and study at the Institute of Journalism. Instead of studying for ancient literature and reading Virgil at the end of the first semester, I was discovering the literature of one amazing writer, indifferent to the argyle print, and with the help of the knowable work of Dante. Until reading the books of SR, I thought that I loved literature, but the professor had taught me to do it on an even larger scale.

On my bookshelf, mixed up with Reynard, are Steinbeck, Tolstoy, Vogue and Harper's Bazaar. I am determined to be lumped with Anna Wintour and Carine Roitfeild. My dream is to find a balance between love to history, books, fashion and life.

Полещук Яна, модератор семьи Российских фанатов (точнее российских, белорусских и украинских, выполняющая свою функцию вместе с Айгуль Галимовой, матерью сообщества фанатов в социальной сети vk.com).

Живёт в Минске (Беларусь), учится в Институте журналистики. Вместо того, чтобы готовиться к экзамену по античной литературе и читать Вергилия в конце своего первого семестра, открывала для себя литературу одного восхитительного писателя, неравнодушного к argyle print, и с его помощью познавала творчество Данте. До прочтения книг СР думала, что очень любит литературу, но Профессор научил её делать это в ещё больших объёмах.

На книжной полке Яны вперемешку с Рейнардом, Стейнбеком, Толстым стоят Вог и Харперс Базар. Она живёт с твёрдым намерениям когда-нибудь стоять в одном ряду с Анной Винтур и Карин Ротфейльд. Мечтает найти баланс между своей любовью к
Gazal
Gazal is my name. I was born and raised in Iran studied History, taught History for a short little while.
I think at some point of our lives some of us had some kind of crush on our teachers simply enough; for me it was more than a crush. I was that shy little and awkward nerdy girl fresh out of high school in to the big university and the first day of my Overview on History class, Boom, there he was. To make a long story short for that semester I was sitting at the back of the class behind a preferably tall person and daydreaming. Of course he never looked my way or even noticed me; I never asked any questions even if I needed to. After reading GI&GR all that memory came back to me and touched me deep down and basically it ruins me for all other books.


متشاد شتسود هک یملعم هب میدقت


اوه وت وتاتسد وت هک تسه یروج هقشاع نوا هک یتسنادن زگره وت. هتقشاع هتسسن سلاک هرخا هک یتلاجخ هرتخد هک یتسنادن زگره وت تاهوم وت وت اتشگنا هک تسه یروج هقشاع و هشیم زاغا تبل هپچ هشوگ زا هک هتدنخبل هقشاع و یدادیم سرد یتقو یدیم نوکت

...تسنادن زگره وت و یثحب هغاد یتقو ینکیم


To the Teacher whom I loved:

You never knew that the shy little girl sitting at the back of the class is in love with you, you never knew that she loved the way you wave your hands in the air while teaching the way your smile starting from the left corner of your mouth and the way you run your fingers through your hair at the peak of discussion and you never knew…..


P.S. It's not a tattoo; it’s just me being impulsive

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Elena, Yana, and Gazal, for sharing a little bit of yourselves. SR's story has certainly touched us all in various ways. Gazal, your story almost sounds like Gabriel and Julianne! Thanks for the great work you all do bringing us the latest happenings with our favorite author. xo

Post a Comment

 

©2012 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger